Horizons Career Coaching Offers a Range of Career Planning and Development Services
With deep industry experience and business consulting experience, Burford builds on her training in Psychology and Career Planning, applying her project management and strategic consulting skills to the planning and implementation of effective career development and job-search strategies.
In her work with clients, Burford helps clients to:
- Understand their unique and transferable job skills
- Identify their interests and work/life values
- Develop and implement a job search strategy.
For all of these needs, Burford provides one-on-one coaching support to implement specific steps in the process. Working via SKYPE, FACETIME, telephone, and email with clients everywhere and anywhere, Burford also provides in-person support to clients in the Ithaca, New York City area.
Specific Steps in the Career Management Process
Burford works with clients in any of the following services:
- Resume- and cover-letter support
- Review of skills and interests [and assessment as needed]
- Job-search strategy development
- Use of social media to develop and manage a web profile
- Interview preparation and offer negotiation
New job transition check-ins
- Ongoing coaching: leadership, career growth, and stress management